Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Bartender's Wife 2007 Review

I found this meme via Average Jane and decided it might be a good way to officially end 2007 and begin 2008. I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages but I suppose I need to get back into the habit. Perhaps I should start my own NabloPamo(sp?) for the month of January.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I got married!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think that I made any New Year's resolutions last year but this year I hope to continue on this healthy eating thing that JB and I have been doing. I've lost 11 lbs and counting!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Summer had little River, Tia had Hayden and several friends are currently pregnant. Actually, it seems like everyone is expecting this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I lost my Aunt Darla & a family friend names Neils and JB lost his Grandmother and Uncle

5. What countries did you visit?
We went to Tahiti, Bora Bora & Moorea on our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing I highly recommend visiting there if you ever have a chace.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I would like to be healthier overall and have more energy. I was sick a lot in 2007 and taking antibiotics four or five times in one year can't be great for your system.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Ooo, there were several but definitely the wedding day 4/14

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving into the new house and completely gutting the inside to revamp it and make it ours. JB did such an amazing job, I suppose it wasn't just my achievement but I am very proud of how great everything looks so far.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my insurance lapse, then not going to the doctor until I was really really sick because I didn't want to pay for it...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The chronic sinus infection sure is sucky but other than constantly feeling like I have a cold I guess not! Ha~

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I received some very cool gifts this year i.e. the wii, a set of pearls from my parents, a beautiful tahitian pearl from the honeymoon, the wedding itself, a new house and all the accessories, all the wedding presents, the honeymoon itself, a wine of the month club subscription, etc. Needless to say, it has been an extremely fruitful year.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
JB has worked very hard this year on the house, planning the surprise honeymoon, putting up with my craziness and dealing with a very painful fractured tooth over Christmas and New Years- poor guy...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? whoever the people are that broke into our office twice (including yesterday) and ransacked our stuff. Why do people feel the need to steal anyway?

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, a new house, interior work and booze...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Wedding and more importantly, the Honeymoon!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"My Best Friend" Tim McGraw, "I Loved Her First" Heartland- for two of my favorite men in my life

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Definitely Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Definitely Thinner!! Wahoo!
c) richer or poorer?
Richer in love and life

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
organizing and crafts

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
sitting around being lazy and sick

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent the holiday with my family at my parent's house and then celebrated over the new year's weekend with JB's family at our house. We had a double wammy of fun this year!

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
As cheesey as it sounds, I fall in love a little more every day

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes, although we just started watching the first season on DVD but it is awesome!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong and nasty word. I don't think I hate anyone, I have been frustrated with people but I definitely don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot but nothing really stands out at the moment except the newest Harry Potter novel.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I can't think of one, I know, I'm boring

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted to be able to spend the Holidays with both families and we managed to do that at the last moment with a surprise visit from the in-laws! Yeah!

27. What did you want and not get?
I wanted a big fat bonus from the boss but I suppose just knowing I have a job and a little security there will do for now.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't think of everything I saw this year but I recently watched "P.S. I Love You" with Hilary Swank and it really hit the spot with me emotionally. I recommend watching it.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and my birthday was fairly lowkey. JB had to work so I went out to dinner with my parents and then got hammered at his bar with my mom. There is nothing like waking up the next morning and remembering throwing back shots with your mother while yelling at her to "stop being a pussy and finish your shot" - ooooh what a night.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
JB liking his job a bit more, making him happy there would make us happier at home.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
varied, depending on the day

32. What kept you sane?
deep breaths, the internet, my furry babies and my amazing husband

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm not sure about this one

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
healthcare and education

35. Who did you miss?
All of my friends and family that don't live close enough

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm not sure there is a best one but Tara was definitely a nice addition to my group of friends

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Breathe deep and if that doesn't work then call JB so he can tell you how much he loves you- for some reason this always calms my nerves; oh, and never give anything expecting the same in return because it will probably just make you disappointed.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Just breathe..."

2 comments:

Average Jane said...

Good answers! It's really fun to see other people's responses to this meme.

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Dude. For reals. Where are you?