You are supposed to tag people on this one but because I haven't blogged in months and I'm not sure anyone even checks this site currently, I am not tagging anyone. Enjoy these random facts about me.
1. I am currently addicted to blogs. I follow close to 20 and read them daily. I am fascinated to hear how other people, strangers, live their lives.
2. I used to collect pez and went to the California Pezcific Coast Convention with my oldest brother in 2002. We were hands down the coolest people there and we are really not that cool. I was considered a small collector as I only had around 300 pez at the time. They now sit in garbage bags in a closet. I have no idea what to do with them.
3. Listening to an educated person intentionally use poor grammar and constant slang irritates me. I constantly feel the need to correct JB when he starts speaking "ghetto". It is one of the only on going discussions we have in our marriage.
4. I caught the first fish (I think) a few weeks ago while ice fishing in Michigan. It was a 22" pike and I was told it had teeth and could bite me right before the picture was taken. I am not a big fan of fish with teeth.
5. I have a really terrible memory. Sometimes I will just smile and agree when people talk about things that happened in the past, truthfully, I don't remember any of it.
6. I love Red Lobster. I'm not sure when I went for the first time but crab legs and cheesy garlic biscuits make me happy.
7. I loved being on stage in school and being a part of performances but I have terribly social anxiety in crowds of people that are not my close friends and family.
8. I am allergic to my two dogs but I still let them sleep with me at night. I would rather take a pill everyday and still suffer with a stuffy head than give them up. My mom does not understand this at all.
9. I love planning and running events. I only quit being involved in that world because the hours are terrible and I needed a social life.
10. I quit my job and backpacked Europe when I was 25. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
11. JB and I went to high school together and have tons of mutual friends but I don't remember him at all. We even had a class together. I try and try to conjure up some memory of him but there is nothing.
12. JB and I met and connected via MySpace. I agreed to meet him for coffee and within 3 weeks I told my mom that we were going to get married. She might have panicked a little.
13. I love to read. I sometimes get on kicks where I finish at least a book a week. Right now I have slowed this habit down due to my current love of easy crossword puzzles. I do a crossword before bed every night.
14. I have always wanted a big family. Even when I was little I dreamed of having 6 kids. Now that I am pregnant with the first one I am strongly reconsidering wanting that many children.
15. I am addicted to sparkling water. I drink at least 4 a day.
16. In the sixth grade I ran for school treasurer. I made up a rap to sing over the loud speaker as my speech. I won and later did a food drive campaign while wearing a giant banana costume. I felt no shame then.
17. In college I helped organize and throw Christmas parties for our friends. We asked people to bring a gift to donate. Our slogan had something to do with drinking for the kids. My senior year we raised close to $500 and donated a couple bags of new toys.
18. My junior year a friend slipped me the tongue during an onstage kiss. I punched him during the blackout. It wouldn't have been so bad except he had just eaten an onion guacamole burger from Carl's Jr. - He now has 3 beautiful little girls & a hot wife so he must've learned his lesson.
19. I got caught drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette by my brother when I was in the 4th grade. I'm not sure I actually inhaled at the time or drank more than a sip but I was hanging out with older kids and going through the motions trying to be cool, I suppose. This fact makes me scared to have children.
20. The most relaxing and beautiful trip I have ever taken was my honeymoon where we lived beyond our means for two weeks in Tahiti, Moorea & Bora Bora.
21. When I get dressed I put my sock on and then a shoe before putting a sock on the second foot. This used to irritate a college boyfriend and perhaps subconsciously this is why I still get dressed that way.
22. I am passive aggressive.
23. JB taught me how to do a multi-pour of shots. This made me happy and my counters/floor very sticky.
24. My grandparents had a potato farm. I feel that this is enough justification for me to have some form of potato with most dinners.
25. I have never had a sweet tooth before getting pregnant. Now, I often dream about blizzards and milkshakes until I satiate that craving. Luckily this has not pushed me into gaining 50 lbs.