Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Spy

… borrowed from Mama Tulip

I am 28 years old, married to a wonderful man, owner of two crazy hound dogs and wishing I could uproot my life and transplant it in another state.

I admit that I was always called a social butterfly in school but suffer from occasional bouts social anxiety as an adult.

I dig musicals, crème brulee, French fries, crab legs and road trips.

I still try to learn something new everyday

I had a glass of chardonnay while watching Hairspray the musical rented from Netflix

I try to be patient even when the emotions start flowing

I should get up and take a walk with the dogs. Those 5 lbs aren't going to lose themselves…

I shouldn't get upset at my husband when he tries so hard to get us put together enough to move to Oregon. After all, he is working overtime so that I don't have to stress out about it. I should stop lashing out from guilt and step up to the plate to get things organized.

I just don't know where to begin.

I do want to get pregnant in the worst way. Even knowing how drastically life will change when we have children, I still wait and wish every month in the hopes that this month will be the one that tells us things are going to be different.

I don't want people to ask me if I'm pregnant yet. It's hard enough to deal with on your own without a continuous reminder from anyone else.

I wish that we had this house rented for the next year so we could concentrate on moving and what to expect in the new city instead.

I won't give up on the dream of a fresh start.

I think my husband is incredible but I'm not sure he realizes how I feel.

I fear change and the inability to make this transition happen in a reasonable way.

I love artichokes, funky artisan jewelry, comfortable shoes, and reading interesting blogs.

I like vacations and traveling without a specific plan.

I loved the Buffy and Angels' series on television. I must admit, I was truly sad when they ended. I think they were two of the only shows I ever actively anticipated new episodes.

I want to have healthy children, live near my siblings and live somewhere that has block parties and pot-luck dinners with the neighbors.

I need a good karaoke night out with some friends. Nothing says a good night like cheap cocktails and a warbley rendition of "Crazy"…

I require a once a week date night. Working days while my husband works swing shift sometimes gets a little old.

I said that I wanted more responsibility but I think I was just trying to be nice.

I thought it wouldn't matter if my parents supported my decisions as an adult but it turns out it makes life feel a whole lot easier if they do.

I write occasionally. I have to admit, I am self conscious of my writing but love to read other people's thoughts.

I hate feeling claustrophobic, clothes that fit too tight, picky eaters and bad breath.

I never leave the milk out. I have this thing about milk. I really hate the changes that happen when it gets warm. In fact, I pick it up last when at the supermarket and put it away first when I get home. The whole idea of luke warm milk kind of gives me the willies.

I probably should get over this fear of milk. After all, the whole refrigeration thing hasn't been around forever.

I can't even comprehend drinking warm milk, but a luke warm latte doesn't freak me out. I know, it's my own logic.

I can be a great listener and advice giver. It has always been a quality of mine but only works when the listening and advice doesn't have to do with my personal life.

I find it difficult to negotiate. My boss jokes that if he wants to pay double the price then he will send me in for negotiations.

I know that I have a wonderful support group. I've managed to collect a handful of kick ass friends and family they just happen to be spread out all around the world. I need to figure out a way to centralize them.

I learn by doing.

I remember very little lately. It seems my memory needs a good push. Too much partying in college may have softened my brain for life.

I bought nothing recently, our new reduced budget hasn't left any wiggle room for purchases other than gas and groceries. BORING.

I miss the simplicity of life in college. Whoever said rushing out into responsibility was a good thing?

I spy on my husband when he is sleeping. I love to watch him snuggled up with the beagle and basset hound. They look so peaceful together it makes me want to get in the middle.

No comments: